Scribblesaurus Me has MOVED!

I took the leap and moved over to Wordpress. You can find all of my archived content from this Blogger blog at the new site as well as all of my new content.

Please come on over to Scribblesaurus and join up via email, facebook or Linky Followers.

I look forward to seeing you there!
Follow Scribblesaurus on Facebook and

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

10 Reasons why you should try to have all your colds before you have kids.

With cold and flu season upon us and having fallen victim myself (yep, I'm still whining) I got to thinking that a cold is ridiculously easy to manage before you have kids so you really should go ahead and try to do all your sick-getting ahead of time.  Here is a list of 10 reasons you might want to think about getting your colds out of the way now:
  1. You can sit around and cough at any place in your house that you deem appropriate. Anywhere. For as long as it takes.
  2. You can lay on the couch with your feel-better accessories all day. All day.
  3. You only have to get out of bed to pee or grab another package of kleenex.
  4. You don't have to be woken in the morning by someone jumping on your tender lungs.
  5. You don't have to sterilize yourself and feed other people.
  6. You don't have to go to the park. Or outside at all for that matter.
  7. You don't have to hide in the garage during midnight coughing fits for fear of waking the kid.
  8. Your dog won't get sick of having to spend time with you in quarantine.
  9. If your throat hurts really bad you don't have to talk.
  10. You don't risk peeing a little from coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
That last one was probably a little more mommy-related but I don't want to be gender racist so I'm not going to point that out...shit.

"Coughs and Sneezes Spread Diseases - As ...
Image via Wikipedia.
That guy looks crazy mad.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

This post made me smile -- I just got over a cold so it is time for my flu shot so I can avoid any more!

I just found & followed you via Tuesday Blog Trail. Looking forward to your future posts.

Brooke
http://cupcakecucumber.blogspot.com

Alexandra Rose said...

Good points. Being ill and having to look after a kid when you can hardly look after yourself is the WORST. Hope you feel better soon!
Visiting from the hop :-)
http://beingmama.com/
http://ohsoprettylife.blogspot.com/

Jamie said...

This post is just full of truth! I had to share it with my twitter followers. I especially miss numbers 2 and 3!

I'm a new follower on GFC and Twitter. Please feel free to stop by my blog!

Jamie
For Love of Cupcakes

Oh and here's my Twitter URL: @4LoveofCupcakes

Meryl said...

LOL! I love this post! I am your newest follower. Thanks for visiting, following, and tweeting my post too. I really appreciate it! I look forward to more visits and in the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving!

Dollops of Diane said...

So true! I also enjoyed watching whatever I wanted on tv on sick days. Now I have to watch whatever the sick kid(s) (b/c if I'm sick, they are sick!) wants to watch!

Natalie @ MamaTrack said...

I am so right there with you! I've been so sick lately, because of the toddler. And what a miserable experience it is.

Thanks for the laugh!

Scribbles said...

Thanks guys :) I of course forgot to put in the #1 best reason which is that before you have kids you can actually 'call in sick'.

Terri's Little Haven said...

Ha this is great!!! It's so hard taking care of others when we feel like crap!!!

Nekky said...

I so much agree with you, I can relate with the points you made. Thanks for linking up to my Get Connected Tuesday Blog Hop and hope to see you around next time. Following you.

Post a Comment