Scribblesaurus Me has MOVED!

I took the leap and moved over to Wordpress. You can find all of my archived content from this Blogger blog at the new site as well as all of my new content.

Please come on over to Scribblesaurus and join up via email, facebook or Linky Followers.

I look forward to seeing you there!
Follow Scribblesaurus on Facebook and

Monday, January 16, 2012

I'm a pretty Versatile Blogger


Pics or it didn't happen.

It is award season so I suppose it makes sense that I'm getting handed some blogger awards this month. Like the Sunshine Award and now the Versatile Blogger Award. I'm not even really sure what that means, but I am pretty bendy and have the attention span of a addled puppy, producing ...what were we talking about? 
Here are the rules with some notes added by me because I can't ever just do as I'm told:


1. In a post on your, blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.  - I think I'm going to nominate five. And I'm going to combine these five with the five I will nominate for the Sunshine Award. That attention span thing I mentioned above? Yeah, it's going to affect this number.
2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.   - Oh cool, I already did that, I must be psychic.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.  This one is easy because dude is pretty awesome.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.  Oh lord.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.  See comment #2.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs. See Below! To clarify - you don't need to see a person named "Below".  Just look down there.  Below this writing. Go on, do it.
So Daniel over at Surly Muse nominated me for this award. There are some things I like about Daniel. I'm going to go ahead and tell you them. Any time now. Pretty soon. Maybe I'll put in a paragraph break first. Here.
I first met Daniel through Twitter. If you don't already follow him, find him here:  @surlymuse. In fact, Daniel was one of my first twitter peeps once I started to use it in earnest a couple of months ago. I think I had about 10 followers comprised of real life friends. I recently hit over 200 followers which is pretty cool and frankly, you have no valid reason for not following me, so go find me here. Convinced?
On surlymuse.com you can find some great interviews with up and coming authors. Daniel is a dad and a sci-fi fan. He sings to his cat even though his cat is less than appreciative of the attention. Daniel is a writer by day and a daywalker who hunts vampires by night. He shares my penchant for zombies and is currently marching alongside me through the Malazan Empire and Seven Cities. If you have not read the Malazan Book of the Fallen series, do it. Daniel also prefers cake over pie.*
      * I made up some of these things. Others are true. You decide.

Random information about me! ME! How exciting for you!
  1. I promised myself that I would limit my personal facebook page to 100 friends. How could I be real friends with over 100 people? Who has the time? I am now sad and feeling betrayed by me because my list is up to 104 and I can't bring myself to narrow it down by four people. On the other hand, there are 104 really awesome people on that list.
  2. Sometimes when  I am reading blogs, books or writing stuff I have the TV on for ambient noise in the background. It is usually left on the Disney Channel and I find myself irrationally compelled to watch iCarly.
  3. I believe in ghosts. Not necessarily ones that are going to throw a knife at my face but ones that wander around as imprints, moving pictures. They don't really care what I'm doing. Or maybe they are annoyed that I keep taking up the same spot on the couch. Whatever, ghosts. It's my couch.
  4. I put ketchup in my chicken noodle soup.
  5. I am obsessed with analytics. I am a data hoarder.
  6. Sometimes I stop cleaning the toilet in the spare bathroom (that E and I don't use) just to see how gross it would get before R would pick up some cleaner and a toilet brush. I've never managed to outlast him - I break down and clean it myself every time.
  7. I find myself hilarious, to the point of sometimes sitting and giggling to myself for several minutes.  Others may beg to differ. /waves at R.
This isn't true. If you don't like me I will die a little inside.
You should feel terrible about that.



My nominations! 
Jean is an amazing photographer and lives in Hawaii which turns out to be an excellent combination. She is also thoughtful, a beautiful person and is doing it all as a single mom.
Amanda is a wife, mom of three and a runner. Not a 'I just jogged around the block and now I'm a pro' runner. She is the real deal. As in qualified for Boston this year. She also has a wicked sense of humor and is an unending source of inspiration for both athletes and moms. 
Pippi is also a mother of three and enjoys discussing poop. She is also endlessly amusing on twitter. Pippi tells it like it is and will have you laughing and nodding because the same shit has happened to you or your kids are doing that exact same thing right now.
Oh my god - this chick! Jennifer is freaking hilarity embodied. I love her and if I ever get up to Portland to visit a great group of friends up there (which I've been meaning to do for months now) I am totally going to stalk this woman. She also writes some insanely good serious stuff too, so you owe it to yourself to check out her blog.
1) She's Canadian = win. 2) She advocates nudiness. 3) She's Canadian.
As the title says - you're going to get the naked truth on parenting from K. Leave your shyness at the door. 

I hope you enjoy those five super blogs - don't forget to follow and look for them on twitter and facebook as well. Have a great day Scribblizens.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! Thank you for the mention, Tracy. You rule. Although I hope you are making up that bit about me being a dad -- if not, then I'm in trouble, because I've got a kid I don't know about...

Also, ketchup in chicken noodle soup? How did that get started?

Scribbles said...

I SAID I was making some of it up, lol. Unless... you really are a dad and you just stuff your kid under your desk while you write all day ;)

The ketchup thing - blame my mom. Maybe it's a german thing? I honestly don't know but it's delicious! lol

WhatJeanLikes said...

Tracy, thank you for the mention!!! You're the best. :)

Unknown said...

I may give that a try at some point.

Anyway, nope, just a dad to two cats. :D

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing my blog with your sweet, unsuspecting readers! :) You are a sweetheart!

Playoutsidegal said...

Thanks for the love, Tracy! I also try to keep my Facebook friends list small but it keeps creeping up. It's all my husband's fault! He doesn't answer his phone or use his Facebook, so his friends, friends' wives, and friends' girlfriends (ok his friends aren't cheaters, some of them are married and some are not) add me. Argh! Where was I? Oh yeah, and I'm with you on the ghosts. I'm pretty sure I saw one once, but it didn't seem like one, looked like a real person, except no one else saw him so WTF, right?!

Anyways, thanks again, this made my day! I've been in a funk lately and not writing too much so now I have something to post about. : )

Have a great week!

courtney - larking. said...

Since you are a data hound, I figured I'd better leave a comment since you already know I'm looking at this post anyway. :)

Love your random insights! I've totally done the bathroom thing. Also, the "leave my husband's still-as-yet unpacked suitcase from his trip a month ago in the middle of the living room until he sees it and remembers to unpack it" thing. I feel like we're having a silent war, but it always just turns out that he has no clue what is going on while I'm stewing in my own angry juices.

Post a Comment