Scribblesaurus Me has MOVED!

I took the leap and moved over to Wordpress. You can find all of my archived content from this Blogger blog at the new site as well as all of my new content.

Please come on over to Scribblesaurus and join up via email, facebook or Linky Followers.

I look forward to seeing you there!
Follow Scribblesaurus on Facebook and

Friday, January 6, 2012

That was a disappointing talk about politics.

Wednesday was the big Iowa Republican Caucus. As it turns out a bunch of people who God told to run didn't actually win *coughcoughMicheleBachmanncough*. As someone said, "God is hilarious".

That's about the only funny thing about this US election stuff.

Results for Iowa Republican Caucus (U.S. Presidential Primary)
Jan 03, 2012 (100% of precincts reporting)
Mitt Romney30,01524.6%
Rick Santorum30,00724.5%
Ron Paul26,21921.4%
Newt Gingrich16,25113.3%
Rick Perry12,60410.3%
Michele Bachmann
6,073
5%
Jon Huntsman
745
0.6%
Herman Cain
58
0%
Buddy Roemer
31
0%
No Preference
135
0.1%
Other
117
0.1%


I honestly don't know how the US election system got so ridiculously convoluted. I'm from Canada and you basically have to pay attention to the campaigns for about 3 months. Then you make your decision and done! Unless there is a minority and then you do that more often than normal. So I'm going off about it to R the other night...

Me: How the hell do people here in the US wade through 2 years of campaigning and caucuses and primaries and blah blah blah. It's ridiculous! Who can even remember what candidate said what? They could say something different every 6 months and you have to rely on pundits to catch them! It's crazy how...

THWAP!

Piece of tanbark to the face. 

R: Oh my god! hahahahahahhahaha!

Me: What the hell was that?

R: Sorry sorry, hahahahahha tan...hahahahahhahaah bark.... AHHHHhahhahahahah

I shit you not, as I was going off on a soapbox rant about the confusing political electoral system in the US, an important topic for debate, my husband, sprawled out on the couch, eyes a piece of tanbark that my son had probably emptied out of a pocket or shoe or his underwear, laying on the end of the chaise. So R delicately angles a toe at it and *flicks* it off the couch. Hard. With his foot. And it hits my cheek right below my zombie eye. Like I don't already have enough problems

Side note - sub-conjunctival eyeball hemorrhage looks way creepier if you have blue irises than if you have brown ones. 

So then I thought to myself, what if, every time some asshat politician were lying or otherwise trying to persuade us with less-than-truthisms, a designated bark flipper could just ping him/her in the face with a little piece of tan bark. 

"Obama care is a government conspiracy to kill the elderly.." THWAP!
"Gay people shouldn't be allowed.." THWAP!
"I did not have relations.." THWAP THWAP!

Yeah. I'd watch way more of the debates on tv.  

Created by Scribblesaurus Me
Tanbark Injury to the Face Mofo!


By the way - I got a big fat O on my ovulation test this morning. That means 'no ovulation' to the layman. If I were ovulating it would be a big shining happy face. I guess they decided that a blank O was better than a sad face.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog via Scary Mommy. Let me first say that you have a pretty good grasp on the American political system...that it is a confusing mess. Heck, I have no idea of what is going on out there and I have been following the Republican debates closely. We still have 9 months to straighten things out.

Secondly, I enjoy reading your blog. Thank you for sharing your heart touching stories. It is important to share the feelings for your angels, and it is important for us to understand what some women and families go through with a miscarriage.

I am following your blog now and look forward to reading more of your insight.

Look for me on SM, I am Monstamo, but IRL, my name is Marti

Scribbles said...

Hi Marti! Thanks for coming by and for following! I will totally find you on SM. I love her site. The confessions kill me.

Post a Comment