Scribblesaurus Me has MOVED!

I took the leap and moved over to Wordpress. You can find all of my archived content from this Blogger blog at the new site as well as all of my new content.

Please come on over to Scribblesaurus and join up via email, facebook or Linky Followers.

I look forward to seeing you there!
Follow Scribblesaurus on Facebook and

Monday, December 19, 2011

70's Themed Holiday Dinner Party

Check it out, man. 

Esmerelda held a 70's themed holiday dinner party on Saturday night. There were four couples, 5 kids, a baby and a dog. That's actually not important so forget I mentioned it.

We had a friend of mine show up dressed like Santa just before dinner. He told us he had been mapping out his run prior to the big night (don't want to get lost on Christmas Eve you know) and needed a few directions. He'd been at the mall, you see, and swerved left when he should have swerved right on his way back to the North Pole.



Since he was there, he talked with the kiddos and got some more of their wishes. D wanted an Optimus Prime something or other, J wanted a silver Power Ranger, M wanted a tea set and dress and E wanted a bigger potty (that's my boy!).

My guy and Santa

This was the night that I planned for my big cheat night on my December healthy eating/fitness kick. I figured go big or go home :) Let me tell you, it was super duper fun (imagine me saying that in a really high pitched annoying voice). The menu included:

Appetizers

  • pigs in a blanket
  • mini pizza bagels
  • fresh veggies & sour dough bread with cheese fondue
  • deviled eggs


Main Course

  • turkey
  • stuffing (in a corning ware dish, I might add)
  • mashed potatoes
  • broccoli & cheese casserole
  • maybe some other stuff but I was about 4 glasses in on the wine by then


Dessert

  • strawberries/rice crispy bits/marshmallows & chocolate fondue
  • strawberry jello ring mold with berries (in a genuine 70's jello mold)
  • cheesecake
  • maybe some other stuff but I was about 6 glasses in on the wine by then


Everyone was dressed in 70's attire, from stripey shirts, dolman sleeves, bell bottoms, turtlenecks, crochet tunics, maxi dresses and cordoroy pants. There was a lot of blue eye shadow and hair done like Farrah Faucet, straightened like hippies, etc. If you've never done an era-themed cocktail or dinner party I highly recommend it. They are so much fun.